THE MOST ADVANCED THERMALLY ISOLATING RAINSCREEN ATTACHMENT SYSTEMS ON THE MARKET TODAY.
Rainscreens provide limitless design options for building facades while controlling moisture and reducing energy consumption. Knight Wall Systems manufactures versatile, ventilated rainscreen attachment systems that accommodate an expansive array of cladding and insulation options. Our expertise is focused on the means and methods of attaching rainscreen facade panels to the building to eliminate thermal shorts, achieve long term building thermal performance goals and to meet or exceed energy code requirements. If you are hanging cladding and want an energy efficient building, we should be talking.
Knight offers several attachment solutions and multiple rails for different insulation assemblies and has custom capabilities. The award-winning CI System and HCI System, pairs a drop-in facade attachment system with rigid exterior insulation (polyisocyanurate, extruded foams or Rockwool Comfortboard 110 mineral fiber), enabling ASHRAE 90.1 and NFPA 285 compliant continuous insulation assemblies; and the MFI System rainscreen, for use where mineral fiber or spf insulation is to be used, and designed to provide the highest thermal performance available with a bracket based assembly.
- Cladding Neutral support assemblies Knight Wall Systems can accommodate any cladding, cladding size or design configuration and enables you to effectively design with multiple cladding materials and manufacturers on the same elevation.
- NFPA 285 tested and compliant with CI, HCI and MFI assemblies.
- Tested and Engineered system peace of mind, Knight Wall Systems provides solutions to your cladding support problems, not just components. And they back their engineered solutions with a 10 year warranty:
The extended 10-year limited warranty covers components of the attachment system, including structural failure of components when all the materials and components are supplied and installed per manufacturer’s requirements. It includes labor and material for removal and replacement of defective material and labor to remove and reinstall faade finish panels, finish closures and faade finish accessories necessary to access defective material.
- System Flexibility and application simplicity vertical and horizontal girt variations for both CI (rigid insulation) and MFI (mineral wool, spf) configurations. Custom rail capability to simplify installation and reduce labor.
- Single frame or double frame design? It is critical that designers consider the cladding type, size and configuration and how those parameters impact the framing design and associated dimensions and cost implications. Some cladding choices require a double frame support assembly which must be considered and understood during design development and especially in delegated design scenarios.
- Cost effective solutions competitive material costs combined with labor savings and simplified installation addresses contractor budgeting concerns, Knight Walls Systems solutions are competitive with component solutions and provide superior options and installed performance. Custom capabilities often lead to installed cost savings.
- Performance: Our thermally isolated brackets, called ThermaBrackets are specifically designed to maximize thermal performance. They outperform FRP clips and based upon industry-recognized and proven 3D thermal modeling by Morrison Hershfield. Our CI System is 98% effective, meaning it only degrades the wall assemblies total R-Value by only 2%! No FRP product is known to perform this well, currently on the market. And. The use of CI and HCI girts allows true continuous insulation application, eliminating the which break up the insulation package.
CLICK ON ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PICTURES FOR ADDITIONAL PROJECT PHOTOS . . .
How do I put these projects together?
THOMCO and Knight Wall Systems have that answer. We need to connect. Our team can assist you through design development, construction document detailing and specifications, and, ultimately, bidding and construction support. It all starts with understanding what claddings are being used, their size and configuration, wall construction, are they in plane or at various depths throughout an elevation, and what do they interfaced with, along with structural information.
Where do I go from here?
Call. E-mail. Schedule a meeting followed by an AIA seminar. There is a lot to discuss, but this will get you moving. We will help you understand how to create it and make it work. Asking the right questions is critical. We can help you discover and understand how to resolve problems you had not thought about and we can help you with those problems that are clear at the outset. Let’s get started.
Take a look at some installation sequences:
Knight Wall Systems HCI installation – Arbor Terrace Fulton Assisted Living, Fulton, MD (www.bctarchitects.com/arbor-terrace/)
What you view as a simple question may reveal much more to us that you may need to know. It may lead to more questions that you had not though of. Go ahead and ask. We look forward to helping you out.
It would be helpful to have some basic information if you can.
Or, if you prefer, send us an e-mail with any attachments that may be helpful, firstname.lastname@example.org , or give us a call at 800-334-0227 and our staff will connect you with a representative that can help you out.